Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Aloha Luau Hawaiian Hula Tropical Pageant Wear

Island princess in shades of purple 

(my poor son still cooperates as my model.  Once I make a little more profit I will invest in a mannequin and let him be the masculine little man he is:)

SOLD


I have been staring at my huge pile of fabric and decided that summer is the perfect time to start making use of some of it since I have more time on my hands with the kids out of school.  I had some left over lavender silk which I love love love from the first classical tutu I made my daughter a few years ago and I also had some purple fabric that doesn't fray (I'm not sure what it is) so I thought those two fabrics would make a high class Hawaiian pageant outfit.

I hand cut each strip which took a while
I sewed on a silk waistband


Each flower has a sequin hand sewn in the center

I strung faux hydrangeas and iridescent beads onto ribbon to make leis

decorations for ankle and wrist













Please email me at frostedbytalinadelrio@yahoo.com if you would like me to create a one of a kind design for your next pageant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment